Steve has also spent the better part of the past ten years performing on-camera. Specifically, he has done Public Service Announcements, Industrial films, Commercials and the occasional infomercial (in one instance, Steve took to dancing for Time Life in the production of an infomercial to promote their “Prom Night” CD release.)
In another case, Steve was hired to serve as the television anchor for the filming of the live Dad Vail Regatta crew race, a world-famous race performed on the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia. Steve noted that the event was an experience of a lifetime!
In all honesty, Steve got into on-camera work as a by-product of his voiceover activities. His agent at Reinhard – and his agent before that at MMA (Model Management Agency) – strongly suggested to Steve that he take any and all on-camera auditions that came his way. The rest is history. It is important to note that Steve has now returned to his roots and is again represented by MMA (Model Management Agency.)
Another reason Steve was exposed to on-camera opportunities in the first place was that, when he first set out to establish himself as a voiceover actor, he was told, “You are aware, I hope, that having a nice voice is 10% of the game, and acting is the other 90%.” Well, since Steve was a bit short on the acting experience and training at that point in time, he went about diligently throwing himself into the process of attending as many acting classes as he possibly could as rapidly as he possibly could. Many of these classes took place at local casting agencies in the Philadelphia area. In the process of taking these classes, by virtue of being immersed in the casting agency environment, Steve was exposed to a number of on-camera auditions. Steve has now developed an intense love of acting and welcomes any opportunities to satisfy clients who have a need for on-camera talent.